Mr. Sayyed-ul-Abrar is the Director and heads the business advisory services at Baker Tilly Mehmood Idrees Qamar Afghanistan Office. He is working with Baker Tilly Kabul office advisory department since its incorporation in Afghanistan and has supervised, monitored and evaluated projects in Kabul, Ghazni, Bamyan, Ghore, Kunner, Maidan wardak, Laghman, Logar, Parwan, Kapisa, Kandahar, Jalalabad, Balkh and Herat provices funded by World Bank, USAID and other national and international organization. He is also one of the active training consultant on the panel of World Bank/IFC/BE and has expertise in training, instruction design, training assessment.
He has 20 years’ experience in corporate and development sector specifically focusing on institutional assessment, evaluation, external audit, internal audit, training designing, financial management, accounting, project implementation, governance, program management and strategies & policies development.
He has implemented both long and short-term projects funded by World Bank, UN agencies, USAID, EU, Danish Embassy, GIZ, Dutch Relief Alliance, INL, Global Rights, DFID etc.
During his last 20 years advisory and auditing experience, he has
- Completed 5 Long term projects (1year -3year) funded by international agencies including world bank and USAID.
- Completed more than 300 short term training and capacity building assignment/project in Pakistan and Afghanistan.
- Completed more than 60 monitoring, assessment and evaluation assignments in Pakistan and Afghanistan.
- Completed more than 100 Business plan and feasibility study assignment for the corporate sector of Pakistan and Afghanistan
- Completed more than 1000 proposal writing, research writing, and technical writing assignments.
- Completed more than 80 policies and strategies development assignment including M&E, strategic plan, anti-corruption, anti-harassment, finance, and program management policies.
- Trained 500 trainees during university lectureship in universities.
- Trained 2000 trainees during the training workshops and seminars.
- 300 Financial system assessment and financial system development assignments.
- Conducted and supervised more than 50 external audit and internal audit, compliance audit & assurance and performance audit assignment in Afghanistan and Pakistan.